Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Early morning trial......

I got time enough for this one, since it's 6:40am or so...



Yesterday, the A/C went out. I called the landlord and left a message on her answering machine.
She didn't call back until about 9:30pm.
During the evening and then this morning, this is what I've been subjected to.....

(Evening)
It's 80 degrees downstairs, which means it's likely 90 or so upstairs. 20 degrees hotter than normal.

IR - *DTS and stands in front of the thermostat* "Damn, this thing isn't cooling very well." *Fiddles with switches to no effect.*

Me - "It's been broken since before I got home. It was 78 when I walked in the door. I checked the outside unit, and it isn't working at all."

IR - "Oh. Didja call the, ya know, landlady?"

Me - "Yup, she gave me the number of the guy she uses so I can call in the morning."

IR - "hm." *Tromps back upstairs*

IR - *DTS about 1 hour later - 11:00pm Stops and stares intently at thermostat again. Mutters to himself, sorta...* "hm. 83 degrees, and it's on cool, and auto. hm." *Note* Already knowing that the outside unit wasn't working, I had turned off the "cool" part and left only the fan running. In IR's earlier jaunt downstairs he had turned it back on expecting it to miraculously work, probably due to some obscure prayer of his.*

(Morning)

I'm already up, it's still 83 degrees in here, and it's about 6:30am.

IR - DTS and, "Any idea when they're gonna show up?"

Me - *remembering last night's exchange. IR - "Oh. Didja call the, ya know, landlady?"
Me - "Yup, she gave me the number of the guy she uses so I can call in the morning."* "How would I know that?"

IR - "Oh.. hm... *mighty confused look* Thought you were gonna call."

Me - "Not at 6:30 in the morning."

IR - "ooooooohhhhhhhh"

Me - *shakes head tiredly*

No comments: