Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The IRB may be nearing it's conclusion....

Got a call from the landlord today asking me when IR was moving out. Not knowing what she was talking about, I replied in the negative. I then asked what gave her that impression, and she informed me that she had gotten a phone call from someone asking about a reference for him. The only reason anyone would call her for a reference would be for a place to live.



I'm wondering if/when I'll hear anything about this, or if I'll just come home one day to an emptied out bunker.


We'll see!!!

Update 6/16

Indeed, the IR is leaving. Don't have a date yet, but it should be soon. Upon his exit, the following will take place.

1) Popcorn will be forever banned from my premises.

2) The Bunker of Light will receive a thorough cleansing.

3) I will NEVER have another roommate.

Update 6/17

I just realized that there is a very likely piece of this puzzle sitting on the desk by the front door that I hadn't put in place until now.

IR's drivers license.

It's been sitting there for a week, and at first I thought he must've gotten a duplicate or something. Now I'm betting that he has a new one with a new address on it.

Update 6/18

Still nothing from IR directly about this, but the landlord verified that he is indeed moving out.

hehe.. I wondered why he's been holed up in the bunker for the last 3 weeks. In true IR fashion, I'll ask about it like so..


Me - "hm.. hm. Vacation?"

Update 6/19

Well, IR was down here most of last night watching Animal Planet. It seems to be his favorite station, just like my 11 year old, and a friend's 6 year old. He didn't say a word about the moving thing, but I did notice that a good bit of his stuff down here has been picked up and moved apparently to the bunker. (Why he would move stuff from downstairs to upstairs in preparation to move it downstairs and out is beyond me...)

No comments: