Thursday, September 9, 2004

And the whirlpool goes deeper, and deeper....

So here I sit, minding my own damned bidness, and bonehead comes downstairs and says...

IR - "Hey, you get into the conspiracy theories much?"

Me - "No."

IR - "Ohh. hm. Well, look over this site, (hands over a small piece of notepad paper with THIS URL on it) it's got lotsa stuff about life on Mars, and the latin, ya know, text on our money."

Me - "You know that I'm really not interested in all that religious fanatacism, nor alien's rule our planet stuff."

IR - "Well, uhhh, I just want another, ya know, opinion on it."

Me - "I'll give it to you right now."

IR - "Well, heeeheeee eheeeee, you haven't seen it yet."

Me - "I know."

IR - *going towards stairs to escape what he knows is about to burst his little tin foil bubble* "Lemme know what you think."

Me - "Right!"


*EDIT* So, he came back down just now and...

IR - "So, you get to look at that site yet?"

Me - "Yep"

IR - "What'd ya think?"

Me - "Honestly? I think you're goin way overboard with all this crap."

IR - *Gives oratory on how it, ya know, must...uh.... have some, ya know, truth to it cause you couldn't get that many people to lie about it. The government of the US couldn't cover up all of the sightings and meetings with aliens and such.

I broke in once and said "You're right, the US gov. can't cover up all of that kind of stuff, so where's all the proof of these things happening outside the US? They just don't happen here, ya know. The US has no influence of any sort in Russia, or China, or North Korea, or france, so where's all the proof of thier meetings and sightings?"
His response was that "Well, I don't have access to newpapers and stuff from those countries."
I simply pointed to my computer. "It's all right there. So, where's the proof that the US government can't possibly cover up?" "Well, errm, uhhh, ya know, err, uhhh" was pretty much all I got. He passed me THIS NEW URL to back himself up. After I set it down on my desk for later filing in file 13, I said, "If you really like to read about all that lunacy, you oughta go find some Art Bell to read." He then told me "That's who that is! On that site I just gave you, that's who I'm telling you about."

That's a mighty big pit he's fallen into, there...

No comments: