Saturday, April 16, 2005

A matter of trust?

Interesting development this morning...

IR got up early for a Saturday (8:30am), went outside and started taking stuff out of his car.
Jesus books, bibles, a 10 pack of steno pads, assorted packages of snack materials, all kinds of stuff.
I had to ask what was going on, and.....

IR - "Well, I gotta, ya know, go get my oil changed, but instead of taking it to, ya know, like Walmart or somewhere where I can't, ya know, trust them not to overfill it, I'm gonna take it to this guy I've been going to since he opened cause I can, ya know, at least trust him to get the job done right."

Me - "But why are you taking everything out of your car? Aren't you going to wait on it?"

IR - "Well, just in case he's got a line waiting to be, ya know, serviced."

Me - "You've got someone coming to pick you up in that case?"

IR - "Oh noooo. They've got a waiting room."

Me - "........." *shakes head and walks away*




So, in summary, IR's going to get his oil changed at a place he trusts, but he's going to take everything out of his car in case they maybe forget to be trustworthy and steal something while he's in the waiting room.

No comments: