Friday, August 6, 2004

Oh meh Gawd.......

IR cranked up the stove last night to actually cook something. Of course, it ended up being something dumped out of a can, but that's beside the point.
I figured he'd just gone into the kitchen to get more fishsticks out of the omnipresent 500 count bag he gets at the local warehouse food place (lasts about a week, that does), until I heard the stove click on. Quietly, I opened the AC room door, retrieved the fire extinguisher and placed it next to my desk. After about 10 minutes of his rustling, thudding around and grunting (takes a lot of muscle to open a can, lemme tell ya) he seemed to finally get whatever it was in the pot and on the stove. Then the waiting game........ I hear the 'sssss' of boiling something-or-other, then something being dumped into it, then a metal spoon scratching around stirring the contents of the now semi teflon coated, used-to-be-non-stick pot. After a minute or so of that, he seemed to just sit back and watch it. 5 minutes later, I start smelling something burning and gently reach down to feel the reassuring coolness of the fire extinguisher tank next to my leg. Finally, he decides that it's created enough stench and turns the stove off and serves himself up.
Sitting down behind me on the couch, I am treated to a litany of smacks, slurps and grunts as the spoon reaches his gaping maw again and again until finally...
IR - "You oughta get you a bowl of this."

Me - "Nooo thanks. I ate already."




So I lied.


So sue me.

No comments: