Sunday, August 1, 2004

The new toy....

IR went out and bought a new DVD player today. He even waited until I was watching TV (not with my back to the door) before he went back out to his car and brought it in. Making a grand show of stopping to read the box in several places while uttering plenty of "hm. hm..'s", he proceeded to place it in a highly noticeable spot right next to the stairs. He never actually spoke out loud about it, as I believe he was attempting to get me to ask about it. 6 hours later, at approximately 11pm, and without a word spoken about it, he finally came down out of the cave to retrieve it. This time, he turned the overhead light on and verbalized several more slightly louder "HM.. HM.'s" while re-reading something on the box. I never even turned my head, much to his dismay I'm sure. hehe Then, off to the cave it went.

Yes, it could be characterized as rude, but I wasn't in the mood for psychological games.


*ps- I also thought, when I first saw what it was, that he had bought it to try to put down here on my TV. He's complained more than once about the X-Box's inability to fast forward through the credits at the beginning of some dvds, so I was expecting some sort of convincing speech about why we should put this one down here. You know, like "Well, ya know, I figured we could save the wear and tear on the X-Box and just use this for, ya know, movies, since it's more geared towards, ya know, games." or something. We'll see..........

No comments: