Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Peanut butter.... PEANUT BUTTER??

I got in last night, and IR was upstairs already. I silently cheered to myself and grabbed a coke from the fridge, noticing the smell of LOTS of cooked vegetables in the air. Figuring he must've just finished the feeding, I went over to my desk.
I wasn't in the chair 10 seconds when I hear the floorboards upstairs creaking and groaning, followed by THUD-THUD-THUD-THUD, coming down the stairs. (WTF, does he lie in wait for me or something?) Realizing my 30 seconds of quiet was all I was gonna get, I reached for the headphones just in time to hear...


IR - sniffsniffsniff sniff sniff sniffsniffsniffsniff (Imagine a dog that's just found a new scent)

I didn't turn around...

IR - sniffsniff sniff "You notice anything odd about the smell of those, ya know, veggies?"

Me - *still not turning around* "Only that it smells like there's a few pounds of'em cookin."

IR - "BAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHHAHUUUURPHUUUURP No, I mean the, ya know, quality of the smell."

Me - *raises eyebrow* "Nope....."

IR - "hm. I dunno why, but they smell like peanut butter to me."

*These are mixed vegetables. Broccoli, peas, carrots, cauliflower, etc)*

Me - "Peanut butter?? You better re-access that part of your brain and tell it it's lost it."

IR - "BAHAHAAAHAHHAAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HUUUURP HUUURP"

Me - *Finishes putting on headphones*

No comments: