Saturday, March 19, 2005

There comes a point in time.....

When enough is just enough...


I heated up some sausage biscuits this morning for my little girl, and once she took a bite or two she commented "These kinda taste like popcorn."

My blood pressure shot up immediately because I knew why. 2-4 bags of that crap are shot through my microwave on a daily basis, and finally, this was the straw.

I pulled out the carousel dish and put in in the sink for IR to clean once he came downstairs. It's splotched all over with the yellow butter flavored gel junk that's supposed to give the popcorn it's buttery flavor.

So, IR came down a bit later (around lunch time), took the dish, put it back in the microwave and nuked some chili. (As usual, without a top, letting the chili bubble and pop all over the ceiling and walls of the microwave.) As soon as he was about done slurping it down, I went back into the kitchen, pulled the dish out of the microwae, put it back in the sink, and waited.

He trudged in, looked at the dish in the sink again and;

IR - "Is this a hint?"

Me - "Very much so. A BIG one."

IR - *looking very closely at the dish* "I have no idea what this yellow stuff is."

Me - "Popcorn crap. The same stuff that's all over the counter in front of the microwave and the walls and the ceiling of it."

IR - "hm."

Me - "hm is right. I've gotten a bit tired of everything that I try to put in that thing coming out tasting like popcorn."

IR - "eeeeeeeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeh"

Me - "I'm not laughing."

IR - *Turns on water to start cleaning*

Me - *Walks out of kitchen without another word.*

No comments: