Monday, July 5, 2004

Lest I forget this little nugget.....

Once upon a time, IR was trying to convince me to play one of his "ahgruh" games. He even went to far as to tell me "What we'll do is, we'll load EverQuest on your machine, and you can play on my account so you can get a feel for it...", and this after me telling him many, many times that I'm not interested in that kind of game.
I play simulation type games, based in some sort of reality. It's just what I like, that's all.
So, after telling him for the final time "I don't play those games!", he replies "Oh I see.. You don't like to use your imagination, do ya?"

I use my imagination every time I play a game. I imagine I'm in Belgium in 1941, fighting off the Axis advance into France, or in a modern fighter jet defending my country from some foriegn army, or even flying a simple jetliner from my home town's airfield to 'somewhere'.

So yes, I do like to use my imagination, but as I told him, "I use my imagination for things a little closer to reality. It makes it a lot more believable."

No comments: