Saturday, December 11, 2004

I'm having a good early afternoon.....

Call me an ass if you must....

I heated up the rest of the pizza from the other day, sat down at my desk to eat and have actually taken great joy at hearing IR back there sniffsniffsniffing himself silly. I know it's killing him with the smell of pizza/burgers wafting around. He even asked a few minutes ago, "Was there enough left for a full lunch?" to which I replied "Just enough.". Of course, a full lunch from the IR standpoint would be 2 pizza's worth.

After several minutes, he cracked open one of his topping off condiments and started stuffing. The stuffing was of course accompanied by much smicking and smacking. So, this time, I felt oblidged to return the favor by smacking and smicking as loudly as I could without it being overly obvious that it was intentional.

Beyond that, he went and bought Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance yesterday (4 year old game), which has a hard time running under Windows XP. (This is verified by looking through the support FAQ from M$ on this game.) He all but insisted that I install it, so to shut him up I did. It didn't run properly as I suspected. First, it needed compressed audio. (Something apparently not loaded by default on XP Pro.) Then, it took 2-3 minutes to do anything at all after launching the program. He watched all this take place and so knows that it doesn't run easily.
He just dropped by my desk to ask if it needed a joystick, which I told him it didn't need one, but you could use one. He picked up his joystick from his old junkpile of stuff behind the couch, grabbed up the game and headed upstairs.

*sigh*

No comments: