Sunday, February 27, 2005

I think it's starting to sink in... Maybe...

Slowly but surely.

Tonight marked IR's "first experience with soy protein" (which he related to me upon finishing a soy burger and a whole can of creamed corn). I need to stress that it was indeed only one burger-type-thing, because 10 minutes earlier;

IR - "I think I'm gonna try those soy protein burgers tonight. They're only like, ya know, 120 calories compared, ya know, to a regular burger that's about 450." *Where he gets these numbers I have no idea.*

Me - "120? Wow, so that means you can eat at least 3 of'em for the caloric price of 1!"

IR - "Oh noooo... One will be enough." *There's that contrite look again*

And much to my shock, he did only eat the one. This is of course discounting the 2 bags of nuclear popcorn that disappeared up into the bunker earlier, and the bag that was eaten down here, followed by the big-assed bowl of Raisin Bran cereal and the granola bars.....

So maybe, juuuust maybe, some idea of what he's been doing is starting to sink in. (ie - Excusing his massive food intake with the "but it's lower calorie food" excuse. That is his way though. It's how he deals with his vices and such. Create an excuse that makes it sound 'not so bad', and stick with it. We'll see....

No comments: