Sunday, October 24, 2004

Efforts... must prove.... fruitful... (William Shatner voice)

IR came down this morning, all doodied up for the church thing. I decided that the proper course of action this morning, was to inquire about the 7th Day Adventist Church.

Me - "Off to church, eh?"

IR - "Yeah, gotta put in my service for the week."

Me - "Hm. hm... (I love doing that from time to time...) Ya know, I was doin some research on the whole church thing and was wonderin if you'd ever looked into the 7th Day Adventist Church?"

IR - "Yeah, but they didn't exactly, ya know, conform to my beliefs."

Me - "Orilly? (<--HAH!) That's kinda odd. From the research I did, they really seemed like the perfect church for the kind of things that you've spent so much time researching."

IR - "Well, ya know, that's just research, not necessarily what I, ya know, believe. I want to be able to get all the information I can, from every angle possible."

Me - "Even better then. The 7th Day Adventists can help you get those different angles a lot better than a straight laced Baptist church. Thier entire belief system is based on the end of the world. Ya know, the Rapture, Armageddon and all that."

IR - "Well, I just want to make sure that my efforts prove, ya know, fruitful."

Me - "Good enough, and good luck."

IR - "hm."

No comments: