Saturday, October 2, 2004

Reparations... I wonder if I'm eligible...

I don't think I've ever run across someone that's as irritating to be around as IR. As of now, he sits behind me feeding his face, smacking every mouthful and doing some heavy breathing excercises in between.
He just fired up some God movie down here too. Not up in his cave like it should be. It's time for those cigars.

Earlier, when he came in, he asked about stuff he'd heard about Iraq.

IR - "Didja hear anything about Iraq today?"

Me - "Nothing more than the normal round of killings."

IR - "They said they just ran in and killed 100 insurgents, which I find impossible to believe. I mean, ya know, if they killed 100 insurgents, then they probably killed 900 civilians, right?"

Me - "Did they say they did?"

IR - "Well, no, but they're naturally not going to, ya know, report that."

Me - "So, what do you think changed? They've been doing more reporting on civilian deaths than any other for the last year. That's the nature of our liberal media."

IR - "Oh, well, that was before. Lately they haven't said anything about it, no doubt, ya know, to hide the true numbers of innocent people they kill."

Me - "That was before, what, exactly?"

IR - "Well, ya know, before the government told the reporters to stop reporting on that stuff, ya know, to help keep the, ya know, dissention here at home lessened."

Me - "When did they tell them that? I obviously missed it."

IR - "Well, you know they did, that's why we don't hear about it anymore."

Me - "Ohhhhh.. Gotcha."

No comments: