Monday, October 18, 2004

It's official....

IR is a church goer.. He's inflict... I mean, enlisted himself into one of the bigger Baptist churches in the area and I can only imagine what's going to become of said membership once he feels comfortable enough to start speaking out about his beliefs.

Understand first, that I'm not a believer in organized religion. I believe it's wholly counter productive to the belief system that it's supposed to enhance. But, beyond all that.... Can you imagine what it will be like for poor IR?

*imaginary conversation*

IR - "So, what are your thoughts on the, ya know, Rapture and the fact that it's right around the corner?"

Anonymous Churchy - "Huh?"

IR - "Well, I've been, ya know, researching a lot about it, and I've figured out that the aliens, which we all know are visiting us, are going to be the ones to bring on the ya know, Apocalypse."

Anonymous Churchy - "Okaaayy...... Helen, kids? C'mon, it's time to go."

Helen - "But honey, we just got here. The kids haven't done the scripture grab bag yet."

Anonymous Churchy - "Don't argue now sweetheart, believe me, it's time to go!" to IR - "We really must be going, my dog is sick and I need to trim the weeds around the back fence."

IR - "Orilly? hm.. hm." <-- stands there with that intense look on his face, that looks kinda like old Marlon Brando, constipated.

Anonymous Churchy - "Ok then. Bye now!" *poof*

IR - upon finding another churchy... "So, what are your thoughts on the, ya know, Rapture and the fact that it's right around the corner?"





Do they have blacklists in churches?

No comments: